The simple answer to this question is that it is straightforward although not easy to pass your Driving Test first time out. Simple in just as much as it’s not Rocket Science or Quantum Physics or Nuclear Fusion but a calculated sequence of techniques and checks that put together within the correct order should ensure success.
Planning is definitely the key to success in anything in your life and the Driving Test is no different …no different at all! You don’t Plan? …You don’t Pass! … it is actually that simple! So what exactly is there to plan you might well ask.
Before we examine all that we ourselves need to do let’s glance at the Transport. For sure… what exactly is there to become bothered with when thinking about your Car? Quite a bit actually!
(1) You should know your Car inside out. Quite literally. The newest Technical checks to the Irish Driving Test were introduced on the 14th February 2005. They contain three questions taken randomly from the examiner away from 12 categories and can include all of the systems that you find beneath the Hood which we in Europe call the Bonnet! Included in this are Oil; Coolant; Brake fluid; Screen wash; Power Steering Fluid; Tires; Lights; Foot Brake; Parking Brake; Brake Lights; Steering Wheel;
(2) Secondary Controls…all the knobs and switches which can be found in every Modern Car and some which are not found in every models. You will not only have to know their respective functions and can be needed to use all equipment adequately throughout the Test without taking your eyes off the Road. This is best referred to as Touchy-Feely!
(3) Paperwork requirements…which in Ireland are Road Tax…Compulsory Insurance…and then in the case of all cars over 36 months old the NCT certificate (MOT) inside the U.K. Not forgetting your Provisional License of course. In case you have just purchased a car within the lead approximately your Driving Test the failure of any Garage to provide you with the essential documentation to help you Road Tax your automobile will not carry any weight. Should your car will not conform to the legal requirements your Driving Test is definitely not performed under any circumstances!
(4) Worse still you will lose your fee and be put to the end from the long waiting list. In fact it is long, very long and having longer through the minute! Lack of awareness of the details mentioned in this post is probably the main reasons for the lengthy delays to get a Driving Test appointment.
(5) Changing an automobile in the last minute prior to Earlier Driving Test is yet another recipe that can keep you from passing the Driving Test First-time. It takes even a seasoned Driver quite some hours to acclimatize to a new car. A learner is going to take even longer and will not have the required skills set to deal with dramatic differences in a strange car. A Driving Test is difficult enough without shooting yourself inside the foot.
(6) If repairs are important to your regular car through the lead as much as a Driving Test then don’t leave things to the last minute since spare parts sometimes are certainly not always available off the shelf and your beloved Motor might be sunning itself on the top of the ramp when you ought to be piloting it to your Very First Time Driving Test Pass. In an emergency it should take a minimum of eight hours tuition and practise for a person that is absolutely ready for your Driving Test to switch cars and have a hope of passing. Being a general rule no Professional Driving Instructor will hire out an automobile for your test with out assessed the Pupil’s skills then insisting on at least eight or ten hours practise to be entitled to hire. Should you be on the borderline inside the skills department a Driving Instructor may well decide not to offer you the automobile for hire for the Driving Test. There are safety and reputation implications that need considering within this scenario.
(7) You need to be very familiar with the general area where Driving Tests take place and must practise regularly at different times during the day and different days of each week. You won’t know the significance of different traffic flows until you do. If you are caught outside in particular spot because it’s Friday afternoon and also the whole Universe is heading down this particular stretch of road to return home after a gruelling week then you certainly just have yourself responsible for creating a mess of things. Here we have now the planning aspect (or rather the absence of it) rearing its ugly head again. Any one badly or dangerously executed manoeuvre as a result of stress in heavy traffic will mean the dreaded Grade Three fault and a “Sorry you haven’t been successful this time around ” remark from your Examiner when back to the Driving Test Centre. Guess whose fault this outcome is? It certainly isn’t the Examiners or the heavy traffic!
(8) In case you have along approach to drive to get to the Driving Test Centre then leave ample period in order to reach least ten or a quarter-hour early .Arriving early could mean that you are removed just a little heiyms which may prove to be beneficial there again it may not. Either way in case you are six minutes late (for whatever reason) its bye, bye Test are available back the coming year! Oh yes which will be another 38 Euro please!
We haven’t even started to talk yet about the various manoeuvres as well as the Techniques that can be sure that your First Time Pass but we have covered the main elements of the vehicle requirements and certain protocols around the Driving Test. We shall discuss the many techniques and skills necessary to satisfy a Driving Examiner inside an accompanying article.